Littles & Spice | Maker Feature

Saturday, March 21, 2020

March is quickly getting away from us. It started with a much needed vacay, now a staycay (okay work from home / isolation)... but we're not talking about that situation. This is a much happier blog post. We want to keep things upbeat, and there isn't a better way than with another maker feature. Littles & Spice filled our inbox with images and an interview that we just couldn't stop reading. We're very excited to share this handmade business with you. We won't keep you waiting any longer, we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!



What is your name and company?
Sarah - Littles & Spice
 
Where are you from?  
Calgary, AB

What do you make?
Handmade Heirloom Children's Garments

Where can we find you and start shopping?
Instagram: @littlesandspice  



The business side of the interview...


Tell us more about your company - what's your business' story or something unique that we'd love to hear?
 
What an honour to be shared on an all Canadian blog! We work hard at creating timeless pieces that tell a story. Heirloom inspired and we aim to create quality pieces that will be passed down from one child to the next and the next. We are all about recycling fabrics and reducing waste wherever we can. We often create limited edition drops and use all recycled fabrics as well ❤️





How did you get started selling? What made you finally take the leap? 

I got started selling my items by accident. My second daughter was very spirited since birth and I found myself wanting to escape to my sewing machine for some solace. I start sewing things for my girls, then friends. Then I shared a few things on my Facebook and the orders literally came pouring in from my sweet and kind friends. It made me think hard about what I wanted to do with this new “surprise business”. I created an Etsy account for a short time and then made a legit website I was proud of! I have never looked back. I LOVE fabrics. I love how the changes Of seasons bring new Colours and inspiration ❤️ 

There are hand makers around the world, we’re bound to meet up with someone that makes something similar. Tell us how you keep your product unique. Also, do you change things up season to season, year to year, etc? Any advice for others who are wanting to find their own style? 

This question is fully loaded! My best advice is to “stay in your own lane” basically, create something you love and DO IT WELL! Don’t worry about what others are doing. Get creative and think outside your box. Anyone can pop on the gram and take an idea or be inspired by an idea. Both of those are very different things. Be inspired by creators that have walked the road before you but don’t copy. There’s so much room at the table for creatives. Let’s inspire each other! 




Now the fun personal side...

What is your favourite colour? Why?

Fav color is blush! Omg. I light up when I see that color. I’m drawn to it on flowers, dresses, fabrics, wallpaper etc. I also have been blessed with three girls 💕




Would you rather spend your vacation at the beach or sight-seeing?

100% -at the beach. Sun, sand and well, the pool are my fav things!

Salty or sweet? What is your favorite of the one you chose?

Can I pick salty and sweet? Peanut m&m s are my FAV! 

What’s your favorite part about home? Are you a homebody?

I am 100% a homebody. I love the warm sun just off my kitchen in the afternoon. I also love the coziness Of my bed. 

Something unique about yourself that nobody really knows?

This is kinda crazy but a bird has pooped on my head in five Counties before I turned 25! 
1. Canada 
2. United States 
3. Australia 
4. Thailand 
5. Africa 
I wish I was kidding 😂 but I have read it’s a sign of luck?’l! Lolz 




Thank you so much Sarah for giving your time to us and letting us in on the person behind Littles & Spice, how it all started and some advice for others. We truly enjoyed it, and can't wait to team up for a fun giveaway or promotion in the near future - something we'll be doing lots of soon. In the meantime, show Sarah some love:

Instagram: @littlesandspice  


HC ♡

You May Also Like

0 comments